Erith were employed to carry out asbestos removal works at 82 Baker Street in Westminster, London – one of London’s most congested parts of Westminster. On behalf of Faithdean Plc, the scope involved asbestos removal of a 7 storey reinforced concrete structure under fully controlled conditions.
Works encompassed the following:
- The fully controlled removal of thermal insulation, residue and debris located within the bitumen adhesive to the ceilings of floors 1-6.
- Removal of ceiling panels by the use of hand tools
- Removal of Bitumen adhesive debris/residue subjected to quill falcon dustless grit blasting
- Suppression of asbestos debris on the floors and removal using H Type vacuums
- Environmental clean of 5 lift shafts
- Decontamination of the basement
- Removal of clay pot walls and columns
- Removal of contaminated water from the basement
- CCTV surveys of the drains
Approximately 900m2 of Asbestos Containing Materials was removed per floor including Chrysotile and Amosite and disposed of in accordance with the Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005.