Case Study // Circle Housing

Framework Agreement

The contract includes both reactive and planned maintenance across the Council’s property portfolio including asbestos removal from social housing in a range of geographical areas such as Greater London, Essex, Norfolk, Surrey and Cambridgeshire. The project encapsulates Circle’s core values in People, Partnership and Brand to ultimately enhance the life chances of their customers.

Works includes asbestos removal from various areas including:

  • Residential Dwellings
  • Bathrooms
  • Kitchens
  • Care Homes
  • Cement Roofs
  • Fascia, Softs and Guttering
  • Garages
  • Gardens

Provisions

Due to the nature of working within this social housing framework, the trade often involves interfacing with vulnerable residents. As a result Erith’s Pre- works co-ordinator James Stanford will carry out a courtesy phone call and meet with the tenant to put their mind at rest regarding the works which are due to commence and as a way of demonstrating our customer care commitment. This was encountered regularly on this project and resulted in Erith’s Pre-works Coordinator and RCLO liaising after the visit to enable a more feasible and methodology to benefit the tenant.

On all contracts requiring work within resident’s, Erith ensure that all staff have undertaken CRB checks.

The contract includes asbestos removal from both occupied and un-occupied properties with Erith’s own designated RCLO who deals directly with Circle Anglia and existing tenants on a daily basis. This role ensured that Erith remain pro-active with their best practice approach to Customer Care and satisfaction, helping play a part in Circles ‘Enhancing Life Chances’ commitment.

Erith provide a 24/7 365 day emergency call out system for Circle Anglia should asbestos be damaged and need protecting.

Project Goals

  • No reportable accidents or incidents recorded throughout the life of the contract
  • 73% of residents felt we provided an “Excellent” service with the remaining 27% rating us “Very Good”. Erith’s customer satisfaction surveys are based around punctuality, attitude, appearance and cleanliness of the work area.

“Erith have been a model member of our supply chain for many years, their performance is first class and I would have no hesitation in recommending them”

Paul Norman – Group Procurement Category Manager