Case Study // Greenwich Council

Framework Agreement

The contract includes both reactive and planned maintenance across the Council’s property portfolio including asbestos removal from social housing across London Borough of Greenwich. The project aims to enhance the lifestyle of tenants and neighbouring residents whilst paying close

attention to Erith’s incident response requirements.

Works includes asbestos removal from various types of properties including:

  • Tower blocks
  • Communal areas
  • Care homes
  • Converted flats

The contract includes asbestos removal from both occupied and un-occupied properties with Erith having to continuously monitor security, customer satisfaction, site cleanliness whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the neighbouring residents.

Provisions

Due to the nature of working within social housing properties, the works often involve interfacing with vulnerable residents. As a result, Erith’s Pre-works co-ordinator James Stanford will carry out a courtesy phone call and meet with the tenant to put their mind at rest regarding the works which are due to commence. This is encountered regularly on this project and as a result involved Erith’s Pre-works Co-ordinator and RCLO liaising after the visit to enable a more feasible methodology to benefit the tenant.

Erith provide a 24/7 365 day emergency call out system for Greenwich Council, should asbestos be damaged and need protecting, with a response time of 2 hours dictated by the client. Time to respond is one of Erith Key Performance Indicators and is subject to continuous review to assist in helping us to improve and benchmark.

All our vehicles for this particular project include GPS tracking system which enables us to plan routes much more effectively and particularly to avoid high congested areas on a real time basis.  This makes our whole process far more efficient and helps reduce frustration and missed appointments.

Of particular value to clients is that we can readily identify vehicles that are best placed to be despatched for emergency response asbestos removal.

Erith-20130613-WEB-2679

Project Goals

  • No reportable accidents or incidents recorded throughout the life of the contract
  • 91% of Greenwich customers considered Erith’s services to be “Excellent”, with the remaining 9% considering the works to be “very good”. Erith’s customer satisfaction surveys are based around punctuality, attitude, appearance and cleanliness of the work area.

“The Erith team, led by Tony Darsey, have worked hard to build relationships with our staff that ensure work is always completed to time and budget with no unnecessary delays. By working closely we are able to establish the most efficient and cost effective scheme for dealing with asbestos thereby adding value with no reduction in safety standards. I would like to say on record that Erith remain a preferred contractor to the Council and I have no hesitation in recommending them for similar work in the future”

Chris Parker – Project Surveyor