Following demolition of the Sainsbury Superstore, Erith were contracted by Barratt London to undertake a large scale enabling package across a series of stages. This sequence would be
executed across a 36-week period with the core objective being to accommodate a Main Contractor phased sales programme.
The scope of works comprised of the following activities:
- Bulk excavation of 35,000m3 deep basement within the confines of a secant wall
- Piling contractor attendance for secant and bored CFA piles.
1.1m thick Reinforced Piling mat at formation level, up to 6m deep.
- Extensive dewatering system as site adjacent River Thames.
- Installation of a running surface where piles have been installed at high level.
- Removal of piling and pile cap arisings for follow on contractor.
Works at Fulham Wharf were carried out between October 2015 and June 2016.