The project encompassed the following activities:
· Installation of piling mat
· UXO surveys
· Installation of 600mm diameter bearing piles
· Installation of 900mm diameter secant pile wall to 3 sides of the site totalling approx 300m.
· Installation to 1200mm wide x 1000mm deep capping beam.
· Installation of horizontal and raking propping
· Installation of piles and bases for tower cranes (2no. cranes).
· Temporary works (sheet piling) along one side of the site for a length of 110m.
· Installation of 2 x tower cranes
· Bulk excavation circa 38,000m3 of generally made ground in the original Albion Dock which was filled in over the last century.
· Installation of lower ground slab drainage
· Installation of package pumps
· Installation of external drainage into the canada water
· Installation of RC pile caps
· Installation of RC lower ground floor slab with xypex concrete
· Formation trim and installation of blinding concrete
· Installation of gas membrane
· Installation of lightening protection pits and earthing connections
· Installation of lower ground floor slab in xypex concrete
As part of Erith’s commitment for a safer London, Erith collaborated with the City of London Police in hosting a Safe Cycling campaign on the roads outside of the project. The campaign aims to focus on achieving a safer co-existence between lorry drivers and vulnerable road users.