The Erith Group are pleased to announce the achievement of UKAS accreditation for a number of our testing and inspection services. Through Swantest, the Group’s in-house specialist providers in this area, we can verify compliance with industry benchmarks and remain at the forefront of best practice.
Over a three-year observation and auditing period, the Group has met the required criteria and are now fully UKAS accredited for the following tests and inspections:
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories;
- Structural fixings; tensile and shear load tests. This in accordance with BS 5080-11993, BS 5080-2:1986 and CFA Guidance note – 2012.
- Plate bearing tests, in accordance with BS 1377-9:1990.
- Dynamic cone penetrometer tests, as per in house documented method and IAN 73/06 2009.
- Floor load capacity tests, as per in house documented method.
- Horizontal load tests on façade panels and walls, as per in-house documented method.
ISO/IEC 17020:2012 – Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection;
- Non-destructive testing of welds, visual inspection as per BS EN ISO 17637:2016.
- Non-destructive testing of welds, magnetic particle inspection as per BS EN ISO 9934-1: 2016 and BS EN ISO 17638:2016.
This is a great achievement for Swantest and acknowledges the Group’s significant commitment to providing our customers with the best service possible. It shows that our people and procedures are both technically compliant and competent in this specialist field. Through Swantest, the Group can deliver leading levels of structural, environmental and geotechnical monitoring and inspection. This underpins the Erith Group’s capacity to provide a single source solution for our industry.
Swantest Projects and Operations Manager Conor McHugh commented: “Achieving UKAS accreditation for the work we do demonstrates our ability to perform at the highest level. As a Group, we are continually striving to be at the forefront of industry and ensuring our test methods and procedures deliver the results our clients need.”