The earthworks are due to complete in 2023 and will involve;
• 176ha ecological management and destructive search
• 6,400,000m3 excavation and filling in permanent position
• 2,600,000m3 stockpile relocation
• 450,000m3 screening unsuitable material
• 525,000m3 of lake bed and settlement tank material stabilised
• 150,000m3 rock chalk excavated
The lake contains some six billion litres. We developed a pumping strategy that has meant we have constructed 12km of pumping main out to two new outfall headwalls on the Thames foreshore on the Northfleet peninsula. Over 1km of these mains were directional drilled to preserve a SSSI and to prevent disruption to a Network Rail bridge.