We are currently looking for a Bid Coordinator to join our London Preconstruction team.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
• Assist, support and report to the Bid Manager
• Compiling, updating and maintaining a library of company standard tender documentation and model answers
• Planning, writing and coordinating responses to bids
• Document Control of tender/bid documentation
• Upload tender/PQQ documentation to internal intranet system
• Build internal and external relationships with individuals associated with the bid process in order to create quality bids
• Reviewing all bid submissions for quality and accuracy
• Have a clear understanding and interpretation of the questions within the PQQ and tender documents
• Be able to construct relevant answers which clearly answer the client’s question and portray the company in the best possible light
• Ensure accuracy and up to date information is placed in all tender and PQQ documents
• Undertake research for the team to improve bid content
• Create/assist with PowerPoint presentations
• Develop business CV’s of project team tailored to suit prospective projects
• Maintain up to date case studies of recent projects
• Provide administrative support to the Preconstruction team as required
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to provide a close match to following criteria:
• High level of interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Bid writing experience (good written English)
• 1-year minimum experience within a bid related role
• Experience of using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Indesign preferred but not essential).
• Degree education essential
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning company that prides itself on family values, puts its people first and provides somewhere you can find security for the future?
We are committed to providing quality apprenticeship opportunities in a range of operative, technical and management occupations.
Current vacancies are listed below. Please send your CV and personal statement to [email protected] , clearly indicating which role you are applying for.
Plant Operator Apprenticeship
We are actively seeking versatile and proactive personnel to join our ever-expanding plant division as apprentice plant operators. Based at our site in Ebbsfleet, Kent (although you could be required to work away from home on occasion) your apprenticeship will take 15-18 months to complete. You will be taught and mentored by consummate professionals who will provide you with all the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to enter the world of plant operating.
Apprenticeship details (please click here for a full description of the qualification)
• The broad purpose of the role is to check, prepare and safely operate a variety of plant machines that are used on site in the construction sector.
• You will learn to undertake a range of non-operational activities such as checking, maintaining and cleaning machines.
• You will learn how to operate a number of machines used in the construction sector. This apprenticeship covers 4 common types of construction plant: a 360-degree excavator, a dumper truck, a forklift and a ride-on roller.
• You will also learn how to direct and guide other plant and vehicles (plant and vehicle marshaller) and help to load plant onto or off a transporter when it is delivered to another site.
What we are looking for:
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Good team player/working well with others
• Good timekeeping
• Ability to demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work on multiple tasks
GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and Maths (or equivalent).
We are currently looking for Project Managers and Site Managers with Tier One enabling experience to work across our London project portfolio.
Applicants must hold relevant CCDO/CSCS card.
To apply, please forward your CV to [email protected]
Our asbestos department is looking to recruit Contracts Managers to work from our London/South East, Scotland and Wakefield offices.
The role will involve assisting our existing management team in the day to day operations of providing a service to an in-house and external client base.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to provide a close match to the following criteria:
Minimum 5 years experience within an asbestos related management role
Extensive industry experience – inclusive of all asbestos legislation
Good communication, literacy and organisational skills;
Capability to organise and run several projects from sectors within our diverse project portfolio
Fully aware of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation with the ability to assess then produce Risk Assessment, Method Statements and Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans
Good commercial awareness
Management experience with behavioural awareness
Must be IT literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to operate programming software such as MS Project and Asta is an advantage but not essential
To apply for the role please email your CV to Nicolle Marsland [email protected]
We are currently looking for asbestos removal supervisors and operatives to join the business covering London and surrounding area.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year industry experience
All current training in date
Up to date medical
A good understanding of current regulations and ACoP’s
A full UK driving license with B+E qualification
Be able to work in a professional manner
NVQ training desirable
Be willing to work to the highest standards
To apply for the vacancy please email your CV to [email protected]
We are currently looking for an experienced, self-motivated and Qualified trainer and assessor to join our expanding training team located in the south east of England.
The role will involve reporting to the training and development manager, the trainer and assessor will deliver a combination of training, testing and vocational qualifications at both the training centre and on site.
Have a thorough knowledge of the training schemes, awarding bodies & health and safety in the construction industry and construction plant sector.
Assist in the preparation and update of training materials.
Deliver training, maintain current and accurate records of training delivery and documentation required by the schemes.
Essential Skills and Capabilities:
Excellent communication skills
Vocational Qualification assessor: A1/D32-D33/TAQA/CAVA
Recognised teaching qualification: Level 3 AET/PTLLS or above
Recognised health and safety qualification: IOSH/NEBOSH
Full driving licence with the ability to travel with occasional overnight stays
Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point)
CPCS (NOCN) Tester
Additional Scheme tutor/instructor/trainer accreditation (CITB SSP, LANTRA, Etc)
Minimum of 5 years experience in the training environment
Demonstrable experience of working in the construction/plant industry
To apply for the vacancy in question, please email your CV to [email protected]
We are currently looking for experienced personnel to join Erith’s Plant Division. These requirements are immediate and the role would be permanent for the right candidate.
The vacancies include the following:
Sweeper Driver – minimum of 5 years experience
CPCS Machine Operator – experience within the demolition and civils sector essential
To apply for the vacancy in question, please email your CV to Shaun Bean – [email protected]
We are currently looking for experienced personnel to join our Industrial Demolition Division. These positions are temporary and requirements are immediate.
Operatives are to be based at Runcorn and Teesside, to start as soon as possible.
Applicants must hold CCDO Card or CSCS Card.
To apply for the vacancy in question, please respond by email to [email protected]
Start Date: Immediately
Terms: Permanent role
Salary: Negotiable plus benefits
Swantest is a specialist company providing structural testing, investigation, remedial and strengthening solutions for complex projects. We are a team of multi-disciplined engineers who can provide a wide range of specialist site services to the construction, demolition and civil engineering industry.
Site technician role overview:
We are looking to employ an experienced site technician to join our testing division to work on a range of site investigation projects across London and the home counties.
The main duties of the role will involve driving from site to site, carrying out tests and recording results to allow our engineers to compile reports for clients. You will be provided with and trained in the use of various specialist testing equipment and undertaking in-situ testing, including:
Swantest also carry out a number of other structural tests; such as pull out tests, load capacity tests, barrier tests, and more. The right candidate will also be shown how to carry out these tests to assist our team across the division.
This list is not exhaustive, and the candidate will be expected to take a leading role, get actively involved and become an integral part of the team.
Candidates as a minimum should have the following capabilities:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV, by email, to [email protected]
See our website www.swantest.co.uk for further details about our company
Reporting to: Associate Director – SHEQ
Your key duties will include: